Friday, December 17, 2010

The Rentals Are Coming

My parents are coming to town this weekend. You heard me right, they're coming here instead of me traipsing across some portion or all of the country for Christmas. Between me having to work, observe at the school I observe at, and actually going to school, the thought of going anywhere was a bit too much for me. So I get to stay safely ensconsed in my lovely home while my folks come to visit.

I may or may not have had a few tree fiascos to start my season off in the not best way possible. Then the tacky realization that I can't drive in snow, nor do I really care to learn. I did learn where the closest bus stops are though...

Back to the point. I'm quite excited they'll be here tomorrow. I'm thinking this is where I want to make my home and it is time to start seeing how we want to make that work out here. It'll be nice to do things in the cold (har har) and the cultural type things that we never seem to get around to back home. It will be good to be with family for more than five minutes while still living my life and doing what needs to get done... not to mention still making money.

So I shall keep you updated for the week.

No comments: