Friday, April 8, 2011

Life Updates

I wish I could tell you this is going to be a Morgan style happy go lucky blog, but Morgan was late to work since she left school late and *gack*.

*School
~ This is somehow the biggest butt kicker of semesters, yes, with an insane amount of everything else going on. I feel like I'd be getting more out of it... if I had time to even DO any of it. I'm behind on homework and who knows what else. Just bad news all around these days. Did I mention I'm only in week 2? And no, it's going to get worse, not easier, at least based on the syllabi. Oy.

*Work
~It really hasn't gotten any better. And there's more of it these days, which is just TERRIBLE timing, since I desperately need the time to study. I have taken some hours off, i.e. a loss of money, so that I can go to class. I took a couple of extra hours off a week to get ANY kind of study time in, but it remains woefully low and ridiculous.

*School
~Yay! Finally something that's going well. It's a learning process and I have been learning a lot. It is almost entirely me who's teaching the 10th graders at this point, which is pretty solid. When I do get a crack at the 12th graders, it just doesn't go as well. So I'm more than happy to keep my hands dirty with the 10th graders. Granted, overall I think I'd like 12th better, but when it's my classroom. If that makes sense. It's hard to be up in someone else's space.

Upshot is... now I see why people gave me the strangest looks and tried to talk me out of working during this process. I am ridiculously stressed and I am not giving my guiding teacher or my studies the time and effort they deserve. Which basically makes me feel like a crappy human being. For instance, there's a huge student/parent meeting that I really should be at, but first I have to make sure my shift is covered. But I need to be at this meeting as I am the one who's teaching this child for the most part. Trying to find time with my guiding teacher, who is also insanely busy, to do the pre-and-post learning event bs that USC requires is a little insane.

So this is a nutty process to say the least. We'll see how it continues to go.

Oh and I forgot to mention: I've gained weight. Oy.

No comments: